Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Pilot Post


This all got started in one of my journalism classes. Our professor was explaining the importance of blogs for what seemed like an eternity, and after awhile, Lemberg had us create our own blogs (whether we wanted to or not). But after coming to grips with the fact that journalists actually have to write stuff, I decided to get involved with this and take it somewhat seriously.

So, if I'm going to write one of these things, I figured why not talk about something I'm passionate about, as well as a possible career path in the next few years (who knows). Anyway, the entertainment industry is something that peaks everyone's interest, and no show does so for me more than The Office.

The Office, currently in its sixth season on NBC, caught my eye a few years ago after I watched the two early Christmas episodes. I immediately fell in love with the Pam & Jim friendship/relatioship(PB & J as I will often call it). All of the characters are realistic people that we've all met, besides Michael Scott, who is beyond ridiculous. But Steve Carell is hilarious, making his character a little more bearable.

While The Office has grown into a phenomenon rather quickly, its biggest competitor seems to be the show that follows it on NBC. 30 Rock, whose cast is comprised of multiple former SNL stars, has now won pretty much every Emmy possible the past three years. Tina Fey, the brains behind the whole thing, is truly a comedic icon at this point. But for some reason, its popularity isn't nearly at the level of The Office. I picked up watching 30 Rock last year, not really thinking much of it, but I found out pretty soon that it deserved every award it got.

So now, let the great debate begin. Which show is better? Which is funnier? Which hits home more? Steve Carell or Tina Fey? I want to hear everyone's thoughts on the topic. I'll be posting updates, episode summaries, photos, and hopefully some other cool stuff as the shows roll on.

Alright, enough rambling. Let me know what you think (positive or negative), and hopefully you keep coming back here for your Office and 30 Rock craving.

Take it easy everyone,

Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment